Making the impossible, possible!
Gestalt is more about process, not so much about content . Therapy in Gestalt is more about choice and not so much about change. Process is like a software for persons to perceive and make meaning, responding to the world. It is also about getting the vehicles to get to process: patterns, sequences the person uses to perceive, make meaning and react to the world regardless of what the content is.
Make the impossible, possible.
Awareness creates choice, the restoration of the full choice, providing full access the person’s resources. What gets in the way of doing something different, when what you are doing is not good for you? The therapy business is restoration of the full choice, clients business is whether they want then to make changes or not. Make the impossible, possible!
Experience influence perception.
No one can be fully objective and we are influenced by our environment and our experiences. Our vision becomes our truth! It is understood that context matters. How could we be more aware of our experiences, perceptions and our responses to events in the Here and Now? Just by holding a space for awareness to overcome existing roadblocks, rather than specially targeting the past and bring up old experiences.
Boost your self-esteem.
Improving how you feel about yourself. Yet the healthy individual is able to weather off-putting evaluation, most of us experience fluctuations in feelings of self-worth. Each person’s life experience is different. Good self-esteem in one’s value as a human being is a precious psychological resource and generally a positive growing factor in life.
No one is less worthy than the next person, and no one is deemed more important.Knowing this detail is crucial. To feel more confident and have a healthy self-esteem, it helps to put aside fears of being worth less than others.
Using the present for healing.
Staying in the present can sound deceptively simple. But look how the mental works. Spending too much time in the past, may be spending too much time into the future, not much in the Here and Now. Increasing self-awareness, in the present, in itself is healing. Understanding that things such as painful memories or troubled events will come to awareness when ready for healing in this area. Such as low-esteem for instance. Then makes the once impossible, becoming possible !
Signs of healthy self-esteem.
There is a healthy balance between too little and too much self-esteem. Here are some signs that an individual has the right dose.
- Knows the difference between confidence and arrogance
- Is not afraid of feedback
- Does not people-please or seek approval
- Is not afraid of conflict
- Is able to set boundaries
- Is able to voice needs and opinions
- Is assertive, but not pushy
- Is not a slave to perfection
- Is not afraid of setbacks
- Does not fear failure
- Does not feel inferior
- Accepts who they are
Signs that it’s time to seek therapy for low self-esteem.
Here are some personal “warning signs” that may indicate the need for help:
- You are feeling overhelmed, angry, ignored and/or taken advantage of in relationships
- You are experiencing mood swings
- You are having difficulty beginning, completing and/or accomplishing tasks (at work, school, personal or otherwise)
- You feel alone and at a loss as to how to help yourself
- Constantly trying to “fix,” “do” or “say” the right thing to get people to like you, or agree with you
Nicolas Laheurte @MyGestaltPractise